Our Mission and Values
The social aim of Leeds Gypsy and Traveller Exchange is to improve the quality of life for people from the Gypsy and Irish Traveller community.
Gypsies and Irish Travellers are acknowledged as amongst the most excluded ethnic minorities in the Uk with significantly poor life chances, health and educational outcomes. Leeds Gypsy and Traveller Exchange was set up to highlight and tackle these inequalities particularly in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
In line with our social aim Leeds GATE has 4 key objectives that guide our work
Leeds GATE Key Objectives
- Improving accommodation provision
- Improving health and well-being
- Improving education, employment and financial inclusion
- Increasing citizenship and social inclusion
We have also identified the values which characterise our organisation and which underpin all the work we do. These values were developed through consultation with the staff team and Executive Board.
Leeds GATE Values
- Leeds GATE belongs to Gypsies and Travellers
- Leeds GATE is welcoming
- Leeds GATE respects people's privacy
- Leeds GATE believes that people should be safe
- Leeds GATE helps people to help themselves
- Leeds GATE is honest and open
- Leeds GATE doesn't make promises that can't be kept
- Leeds GATE is brave and creative
- Leeds GATE believes that everyone is equal and can be included